We carry out the global procurement and supply of aluminum alloys used in vehicle engines and transmission cases, and aluminum alloy raw materials.
Aluminum alloys are light and strong, and have played a major role in making cars lighter, contributing to improved fuel efficiency and exhaust gas reduction. Aluminum alloys are low cost and recyclable, and as such they are of increasing importance.
We will utilize our information gathering strengths, brought about through the development of global bases, in order to provide flexible services that meet the needs of the market.
In the Americas region, Honda Trading facilitates the supply of aluminum in ingot, molten, and sheet form along with alloying elements to Honda manufacturing plants and their part suppliers. Through daily operation of Honda’s Raw Material Supply System we are able to minimize the impact of commodity price volatility and ensure a steady supply of aluminum conforming to Honda’s specifications. Our closed-loop recycling process recovers and utilizes scrap as feedstock for future aluminum production.
- Procurement and supply of aluminum alloy raw materials (virgin ingots, base metals, scrap, silicon metal, etc.)
- Supply of aluminum alloys (ingots and molten aluminum)
- Aluminum recycling, etc.
Main areas in which supplied materials are used
We supply our customers with liquid aluminum (molten aluminum) from aluminum manufacturing plants built in the vicinity of our customers.
There is no need for our customers to re-melt aluminum products when they use the aluminum, and this contributes to reducing energy and facilities costs, as well as achieving major reductions in the burden placed on the environment.
How it works:
- Honda Trading determines how much aluminum will be needed by its customers - including both Honda Manufacturing and Honda's aluminum parts suppliers.
- Honda Trading consolidates the orders according to stringent quality requirements then works with Honda-approved smelters who produce the appropriate materials for use by our customers.
- Honda Trading performs quality assurance checks and coordinates just-in-time delivery to our customers.
- Honda Trading has developed customized web based systems to enhance collaboration between supply system partners as well as sophisticated inventory optimization software to tailor supply solutions for both large and small consumption items.