Plastics & Resin
We mainly handle plastics (resin) for use as a raw material in items such as car bumpers and gasoline tanks. We use our global supply system to procure and supply raw materials in accordance with the needs of customers throughout the world.
We are also actively involved in the development of new business fields that utilize the properties of plastic scrap and carry out the recycling of plastic products, such as used bumpers.
We make full use of our abundant information sources and network of group companies to meet customers’ expectations by identifying and procuring best suited materials.
In the Americas region, Honda Trading facilitates the supply of high quality synthetic resins including polypropylene, ABS, and polyethylene to Honda manufacturing plants and their part suppliers. Through daily operation of Honda’s Raw Material Supply System we are able to minimize the impact of commodity price volatility and ensure a steady supply of plastics conforming to Honda’s specifications. Our closed-loop recycling process recovers and utilizes scrap as feedstock for synthetic resin production.
- Procurement and supply of vehicle resin (plastics)/ development and supply of new materials, etc.
Main areas in which supplied materials are used
Explanation of terms
|PP:||Polypropylene||LLDPE:||Linear low density polyethylene|
|PC:||Polycarbonate||ABS:||Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene resin|
|PMMA:||Polymethyl methacrylate||PA:||Polyamide (nylon)|
Plastics applications in the field of motor vehicles have steadily increased as a result of the numerous types of plastic now available and the ease with which plastic can be processed. We have expanded our trade with new suppliers, by cooperation with group companies.
We are also involved in the recycling of plastic products, such as used bumpers, with the aim of contributing to the conservation of the global environment.
Here's how it works:
- Honda Trading determines how much plastic will be needed by its customers - including both Honda Manufacturing and Honda's plastic parts suppliers.
- Honda Trading consolidates the orders according to stringent quality requirements then works with Honda-approved mills and processors who produce the appropriate materials for use by our customers.
- Honda Trading performs quality assurance checks and coordinates just-in-time delivery to our customers.
- Honda Trading has developed customized web based systems to enhance collaboration between supply system partners as well as sophisticated inventory optimization software to tailor supply solutions for both large and small consumption items.